What is minor oral surgery?
- We can do a large number of surgical interventions in the mouth. The term “Minor oral surgery” refers to smaller operations and include removing wisdom teeth, impacted teeth, and severely broken-down teeth, as well as apicoectomies, biopsies and other procedures.
- Within our service our oral surgery is largely carried out by “I am with a special interest in oral surgery” (DwSI).
- The service provides a range of oral surgical procedures for patients referred by their general dental practitioner.
- Patients are usually referred for the removal of teeth which the referring practitioner is unhappy to remove themselves.
How is oral surgery carried out?
- Procedures are usually carried out using routine local anaesthetic (injections) although sometimes sedation can be provided if necessary.
- Our service cannot provide minor oral surgery treatment under general anaesthetic. Patients requiring this form of treatment must be referred to the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department at the relevant hospital. We are able to make this referral if appropriate.
What qualifications do the dentists with special interest (DwSI) in oral surgery have?
- We providing the treatment have gained the necessary skills and experience by receiving training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Departments in various hospitals. They are all registered with the General Dental Council.
Low Price Tooth Implant Center in Madurai and Best Dentist With 10 Year Experiences.Low Cost Dental Implants and Best Implant Center in Madurai Minor Oral